ASK & WE ANSWER
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a cleaning solution that addresses immediate concerns, and in addition, we educate each customer on preservation techniques, sanitary grilling practices, part replacements (if needed), and long-term cost savings. The most important part about the grill cleaning is the customer we are doing it for; and this is what separates Pit Crew Grill Cleaning Service from its competitors.
By cleaning and maintaining grills, and keeping them healthy and safe to use, we have given families more time to enjoy more of the things they love most about the cookout. We have given customers total access to unlimited resources that assists them in maintaining a safe and healthy grilling environment.
Cleaning costs vary depending on the size of the grill. We have built a customer friendly platform that allows customers to enjoy the benefits of our service at competitive rates. In addition, we have designed an annual service package that allows customers the luxury of professional grill cleanings throughout the year at a low monthly rate. (Click for Details)
We use a hands-on technique that we have created and mastered for quality and efficiency. Our technique combined with our industry tested chemicals safely and effectively removes all traces or grease, fat and carbon.
Our cleaners are environmentally friendly and bio-degradable, and will not damage your deck, countertops or patio.
There are many variables that determine how clean your grill can get, to include age, as dirt and debris accumulated and set over time can affect the end-result. Results vary depending on the condition of the grill. However, we do guarantee complete degreasing and cleanliness. The process we use to degrease the grill is powerful and does indeed remove carbon deposits as well. We are confident that you will be happy with the results.
Many customers have assumed that their grill was the worst we have ever cleaned. Upon initial inspection of the grill we can determine if cleaning will salvage the grill. If we proceed with cleaning your grill, we can assure you that your grill is not the worst grill we have seen. The worst grills we see are the grills that we determine are not worth cleaning. In these instances, we alert the customer of our findings and offer suggestions for replacement. Cleaning is usually the best option and the value of our service exceeds the cost of the investment. If there are holes in the structure (firebox or the hood), it is time to consider replacing your barbecue grill.
During the cleaning we inspect the grill thoroughly. If we find that parts are needed, we make cost effective suggestions to obtain the parts and advise customers on the best options available. A regular cleaning cycle is the best option for identifying small upgrades or replacement parts to avoid major repairs which can be expensive.
We ask our customers to block a 2-Hour window. Our cleaning technique is designed to complete the cleaning process within a two-hour time frame. If additional time is needed, we communicate this directly with the customer. Our cleaning process is professional, efficient, and effective. We maximize time and deliver quality.
We recommend a professional grill cleaning once every 2-3 months. To assist customers with this effort we have designed membership plan that allows customers low cost monthly investment that allows them to have grills maintained throughout the year. (Click for Details)
This is another question we get asked a lot. There are a few things we recommend you can do in-between cleanings, but no matter how diligent you are, there is no substitute for a professional grill cleaning. Follow these steps between cleanings and it will have a positive impact in preserving your grill.
- Keep your grill covered with a grill cover to protect it from the elements when it is not in use.
- Use a clean grill brush to loosen and remove food particles and debris from the cooking surface. The debris will drop down into your drip tray.
- Clean out your drip tray once you have finished cooking. Not much debris falls into the drip tray per cooking, so this can be accomplished by wiping with a paper towel or damp cloth. For those customers who use aluminum foil, this is okay, however, the foil needs to be changed out frequently to avoid grease and debris build-up.
- After grilling, once grill has cooled down, wipe down grates with hot water and Dawn dish soap. This will help loosen the tough baked-on particles. (Be careful if you have ceramic rods or briquettes, these items should remain dry and free of moisture at all times. It may be necessary to remove the grates to complete this step.)
- Wipe down grate with Vinegar/Water Half & Half. This process removes any bacterial left behind from meats, such as salmonella and other bacteria common in food poisoning. (Be careful if you have ceramic rods or briquettes, these items should remain dry and free of moisture at all times. It may be necessary to remove the grates to complete this step.)
- Wipe the grates down with Pam or a light coat of vegetable oil to help prevent the rust.
For your convenience we accept all forms of payment to include Cash, Checks and Credit Cards.
There is 6% surcharge for credit card transactions. (Credit Cared fees are waived on annual service plans).
Request a Callback
Fill in the form below to request a callback to discuss your needs.
Take advantage of our free grill cleaning checklist to make sure your following the proper methods.
“I am beyond pleased with Pit Crew Grill cleaning service and glad to find a quality service with a superb level of knowledge and professionalism. I recommend their service to all my fellow Texans…”
“Pit Crew Grill Cleaning Service provides an excellent service that is second to none! I encourage anyone who is looking to protected their food preperation investment to give them a call today!”
“LIf you want a professional service call Pit Crew Grill Cleaning Service. The service greatly exceeds the cost and it’s well worth it. Great communication and follow up. I would suggest these guys to anyone.”